Review: Hauppauge's HD-PVR

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
Missing Remote

Ok, so I mention this maybe the holy grail of HTPCs in the introduction and this paragraph should explain why! This little box allows access to an HD content available via analog component outputs. This allows for recording of HD sources from an TV provider including cable and satellite. No more wishing that you had an OEM CableCard equipped HTPC to have full HD access. Is it perfect? Of course not, and we will discuss the pros and cons as we move forward with the review.

Many come in here asking about HD tuners and what they need to get their HD cable/satellite signal into their PC. Well, this is it. :)

yeah but it has no support in VMC , i think it works with sagetv, but im not sure

yeah but it has no support in VMC , i think it works with sagetv, but im not sure
Un, it's mentioned in the article.
What Software Supports This Fabulous New Hardware?

SageTV - Has full support for the HD PVR. $75

BeyondTV - At the time of this article has beta support. $99

GBPVR - Has full support. Free as in beer.

MediaPortal - At the time of this article has beta support. Free as in beer.

Arscoft Total Media Theater - Is not really a HTPC software package, but comes with the product.
The only reason it's not supported by VMC is because MS, in their infinite wisedom, decided to drop h264 support from their TV Pack and save it for Win7 instead even though it was feature complete.

Back