Reverse Stereo in XP??

deluxe

n00b
[H]owdy y'all !

does anyone know how to set reverse stereo in windows xp, either through some gui setting or registry?

i know some soundcard's drivers allow you to do this, and individual software apps- but i can't find the core windows setting!

I think the only way is if the driver supports it. You may be able to hack you way around it, but nothing built in would allow you to switch the output.

I'm curious as to why, actually I never understood why that setting was even available.

That's what I was thinking... or put your headphones on the opposite ear. haha

I've found it useful for those types of speakers that connect to each other, and the one that connects to the computer is always on the opposite side of your computer and can't reach w/out reversing the stereo output.

Anyways, as said above, it's driver specific.

AHHH yeah those are mainly old school speakers though? What are you still using?

Grimmda said:
AHHH yeah those are mainly old school speakers though? What are you still using?

I have Klipish ProMedia 5.1's, so I don't have that problem, but I remember having that problem back in the day.

sandmanx said:
I've found it useful for those types of speakers that connect to each other, and the one that connects to the computer is always on the opposite side of your computer and can't reach w/out reversing the stereo output.

Anyways, as said above, it's driver specific.
Interesting, that would make sense... Thanks, always wondered why it was there. :)

sandmanx said:

Thats exactly the problem -it's my dell pc here at work with dell oem speakers - with one piggybacking off the other.. no issue at home, I have a 3.5mm > 2x RCA cable that runs straight into an amp.

I dunno that the p.o.s SoundMAX audio will even have updated drivers. thanx for ya input everyone, but i think a re-wiring of my desk is in order... :rolleyes:

Back