Reverse ATX cases...

veritas7

Gawd
Other than Lian Li, what other companies have reverse ATX cases?

I don't know why more companies have adopted this type of style... it made sense to me when I had my Lian Li V2000 that having the hot GPU above the CPU would be better for airflow...

I know the CM Stacker 830 can do reverse ATX. Other than that case, I can't think of any that aren't made by Lian-Li.

having the hot GPU above the CPU would be better for airflow...
Not really any better.
Upper part of case without active exhaust: graphic card, motherboard's that end and everything in there gets baked.

Aerocool masstige has the same setup, Its an awesome airflow case, but if your not into modding, the pricetag will steer you away. Other than that, This case is a modders dream.

I recently added wire management holes, added a 240 rad grill at the top (Which dropped my Gpu temps by 4C). I was gonna replace this case, but once i picked up the dremel, i fell in love again.

Speaking of dremels, Casper, what's a good entry level dremel? I've always needed one but I've never known what a good price/brand is.

Theres some apevia case that is reversa atx, its a matx tower
Speaking of dremels, Casper, what's a good entry level dremel? I've always needed one but I've never known what a good price/brand is.
Thre dremel 300 is pretty good for only $62.18 on sale on amazon right now, its got 10 speeds and alot of stuff

I'd recommend sticking to dremel brand. As said, the 300 should suit your needs perfectly.

Alright... going to buy that dremel off Amazon some time this week. It will definitely help me mod my old Lian Li for my other spare pc parts :)

I also found that the Stacker 830 is also reversible... I don't know though, does it fit with a TRUE 120?

Just checked amazon, and yea its a pretty good dremel, the one i use is a craftsman from my pops shop that i use.

Eh, there are better tools than the Dremel for almost any application...

Jig-saws for cutting in panels (with at least a 26tpi blade).
Hole saws for making fan holes.

etc.

The dremel excels at making small cuts in small areas, but it's really, really expensive.

Eh, there are better tools than the Dremel for almost any application...

Jig-saws for cutting in panels (with at least a 26tpi blade).
Hole saws for making fan holes.

etc.

The dremel excels at making small cuts in small areas, but it's really, really expensive.

If a dremel is too expensive for you, you shouldn't be modding anything anyways... :rolleyes:
He may have meant "expensive" in terms of time and consumables (i.e., cutting disks) compared to using a proper tool.

99% of PC modding is simple metalwork...go to any metal shop and see if they have a Dremel.
Betcha they don't.

If a dremel is too expensive for you, you shouldn't be modding anything anyways... :rolleyes:

A Dremel is too expensive for me, because it achieves much less than 40$ of tools you'll use for a good 5-10 years. The price tag is small, but the ROI is also quite small.

A 100$ dremel kit versus a:

9$ Drill from Wal Mart.
15$ jig-saw + blades from Home Depot.
10$ Small moue sander for edges from anywhere.

Add in another 25$ or so for a 120mm hole saw if you'd like (still cheaper than the dremel kit) but this is totally optional.

99% of PC modding is simple metalwork...go to any metal shop and see if they have a Dremel.
Betcha they don't.

Exactly.

If you guys want to get a good deal on a Rotary tool, make sure you check eBay. Two or three years ago i picked up a rotary tool by Craftsman with a case, extender, and two sets (one is a cutting other one is sanding/polishing) only for $30 + some small shipping. It was refurbished but it was in like new condition... chewed up around 4-5 cutting wheels with 2-3 sanding wheels, not to mention the polishing of all my water blocks in a past.

Mountain Mods Towers are swappable - ATX or Reverse ATX. Sweet feature.
So are their cubes if you get creative.

Back