Reuters Employee Indicted For Conspiring With Anonymous

Somebody who betrays the trust given to them is a lowlife scum.

Let's put it this way:

Would you hire him?

Would you send him money for goods?

Would you let him watch your kids?

He's a prick.

He's not a hacker, nor are most the modern interwebbythingy vandals.

Peter Norton was a hacker. Bill Gates was a hacker. Woz was a hacker.

Hackers push the limits of what is thought to be possible with technology. They aren't criminals or malcontents.

Again...

I'm not the ACLU who's trying to politicize the situation and looking to humiliate the constitution. In fact, you're not even really reading what I'm saying. I'll try to simplify this one more time: He's already guilty of his crimes, he did it, he knowingly did it, and most of all he's not hiding that he did it either.

But is the severity of his punishment justifiable in the long run? Where is this arbitrary line we draw in our heads where the punishment equals the crime, and who decides this anyways? Because you're getting your source from one article, you're preaching it like it's the bible when in fact you're not doing your own independent research, and then you're drawing conclusions that makes me question you're narrow minded perspective. I'm not angry with you, but maybe just a little disappointed. We can agree to disagree, but with your narrow microscope you took everything I said out of context and bash as if Imma pundit hit piece on a Bill O'Reilly segment.

This is off topic but... our 4th arm of the government (the media) has failed time and time again to be the watchdog for the American people. We're so used to being spoon fed the same rhetorical, UN-informative, bullshit so much that we can no longer distinguish sensationalistic garbage to true journalism, and worse of all we've accepted what we're told on face value alone. All I can say is this, and I quote:

"If you do not remember to question what you are told, and look for the facts as best you can- then again, this can be you. You start to think "Such a one as him is too evil to appear again- it was a one-off, a fluke, and we are too smart to be fooled like that anymore".

But rather than tell you who wrote that quote or even try to symbolize the meaning of it, I'll just let you take all of it out of context again and let you rant some more. Oh yea, and last thing I'll say is that if you think Jobs and Gates were alive in today's post 9/11 society, that they would of done the same thing, then you're more naive than I thought...

But the point I want to make is that companies who are laundering 800 billion in cartel money, not mention also funneling money for Al-Qaeda and they get a slap on the wrist.

Ugh, this argument makes me weep...every. time. I. see. it. Well, with that logic, why should ANY crime matter? Hell, the fat cats are getting away with "X" so why punish the little guy for "Y"?

Anyway, the guy faces 3 charges with 10 year MAXIMUM sentences. Those are maximums. He will give up every Anonymous contact he has, just like Sabu, tell on the guy that used the log-in credentials, get probation and remain a lowlife that no one will hire.

Again...

... Oh yea, and last thing I'll say is that if you think Jobs and Gates were alive in today's post 9/11 society, that they would of done the same thing, then you're more naive than I thought...

Didn't say Jobs, said Woz.

Yes, there are similar folk today who are comparable in talent. That guy who wrote the Facebook games comes to mind. "Tear" at this site who figured out how to OC a mobo designed not be OC'd. The Turion Power Control guy. The guys who write modules for Linux. Etc.

HOWEVER, you would not call them hackers today. The meaning of the word changed, so Tech Guru or Propeller Head or something similar must be used.

A long time ago, somebody in the media was confused about computer technology, and labelled a computer vandal as a "hacker" and it stuck. It's meaning in 1980 was a computer wizard who did what was considered impossible by "hacking" the new desktop computers. Peter Norton was a God. Not vandalizing other people's IBM 370 servers.

Note: For those who remember DOS. DOS calls were not re-entrant. ie - You could not call 21h? functions in a nested fashion. So people thought you could not multitask a DOS machine. But guys like Norton figured out how to reverse engineer DOS, and fake it out, so you could have two different apps in RAM active at the same time without tripping.

IIRC, the key was to edit the interrupt vector table addresses, and use "undocumented" DOS calls and use direct BIOS functions.

DOH! Stupid edit thingy.

The guys who cracked the iPhone are old school hackers. The guys who forced Sony to remove Linux from the PS3 are hackers. The F@H development team are hackers.

Back