reuse swiftech ramsinks?

Imitation

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
2,536
So I was able to take the swiftech ramsinks off my old 7800GT but now they aren't sticky enough to really stay on my 8800GT ram. I cleaned the ram with AC cleaner, should I tear off the old white stuff on the bottom of these and use some kind of thermal tape? I already installed the thermalright sinks to the PWM mosfets, so most likely those aren't coming off when I go to sell the card anyway. What would you guys suggest for reattaching these things?
 
Just get some fresh thermal tape, I've done it with my Swifty sinks several times already.........;)
 
Get more thermal tape, or just mix up some AS epoxy... But at a much lower ratio... Generally 9 parts of the stuff with no smell, to 1 part of the stuff that reeks (usually part B).

This will let you twist the heatsink off with no problem, later on.
 
Back
Top