returning prob voided warenty X1900GT

MrWizard6600

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
5,791
Ive got a sapphire Rev 2 bought off ebay that is defunct. Sapphire says they'll take it without an invoice but it had an aftermarket cooler put on it. I have the stock cooler, but Im gonna need to remount it.

I was wondering if anyone has the sapphire Rev 2 X1900GT, what color is the tim on the core, and the thermal pads on the mem chips, and the thermal grease on the Voltage regulators.
 
This is all from memory as I changed to water a while ago

Trim on GPU is an off white
Thermal compound is only on the GPU and is that horrid grey stuff, feels like a wax, conducts heat as good as penut butter type stuff.
There were thermal pads on all the ram chips and volt reg component points. They were grey in colour as well. On mine none of them touched from new.
 
Back
Top