Returning my card :-/

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
i bought a card from newegg approx 1 month ago. w/in 4 weeks it began to artifact. short story: its screwed, so i need to RMA.

should i RMA using newegg or eVGA? im paying shipping either way, so what im looking for is who has the higher chance of me getting a brand new card?

also, what are your guys' experience w/ RMAs from these guys? ive never had to RMA anything to newegg, and this is my first major RMA.

newegg=entire product, box, access, etc
eVGA=bare card

suggestions? opinions?

thanks

I'm surprized newegg would take it back after 30 days. My opinion is to go through EVGA. From what I read they are quite quick and will get you a card pronto. However, if you have the money ask newegg for a credit rma and but another one ahead of time. Then send the old one back for a full refund. Argue the restocking thing if brought up. ;)

Return it to the retailer if possible. You'll get new product as opposed to refurbished, which is what most manufacturers use for replacement -- although it depends on how long a given model has been on the market.

If you want to know for sure call EVGA.

Ask EVGA, about the refurbished deal. They should send you a new one since you've only had the card for less than 90 days. After 90 days if they send you a refurbished card I would understand. If they say it will be refurbished I agree with the above post and suggest you send back to the egg for a new one.

New has 1 year repair warrenty,I had an MSI motherboard go bad in less than 1 year and they sent me a new replacment. Did it as a repair RMA.

Back