Returning an iPod?

markmclean

n00b
Hello all. I have had a 40gb 4g ipod for a year give or take a few weeks. My question is, if ***something might possibly happen to the'pod***, do you think it could be returned and replaced with a 60gb iPod video? Or am I too hopefull, how strict is the apple return policy? Thanks, Mark McLean

no...
you get the same model back
and don't commit consumer fraud (meaning break it on purpose to get a new one)

:rolleyes:

It varies. For example, if you were to drop it and take advantage of Best Buy's (or whatever) extra insurance, you might get a video iPod if they have no old ones in store. However, if you send it to Apple for repairs, you will almost certainly get the same exact model.

Also, consumer fraud = bad, mmkay?

Gotcha. I'm just worried about "if"(not wanting it to happen) it gets dropped by accident or breaks on its own.(I'm consumer fraud-free.) Yesterday, the pod wouldnt start up, it had a full charge, the hdd spun up, clicked, spun up, clicked, and did this until a folder-exclamation point icon came up. I fixed it by resetting an putting it in disk mode using the included firmware thing you get by pressing a key combo to get the backwards apple, and a restore got it back on its feet. This morning, I got the same problem, but disk mode failed. I think that it is tome for a new ipod. This pod has NEVER been dropped, so I think the problem is on Apple's end, and I am happy with the storage and could care less about videos+ color screen, as this is just ane external hdd for me atm. Do you think Apple will take it back? I'm definately not getting another ipod if these only last a year and a month with my own money. Hope that clears the consumer fraud charges. -Mark

Gonna bump in for a quick related Q if ya dont mind...

I have an iPod Mini that i bought overseas when i studying...the battery is acting up majorly...its only about 8 months old....however, now ive come back from the overseas for good...can i RMA it locally ? i dont have the receipt though :(

Black Morty Rackham said:
Sounds like a clear case of warranty.
Right-o. Sounds like I need to go to my friendly, almost neighborhood(45 min away) apple store. I'll find time today.
-Mark

Rishy said:
Gonna bump in for a quick related Q if ya dont mind...

I have an iPod Mini that i bought overseas when i studying...the battery is acting up majorly...its only about 8 months old....however, now ive come back from the overseas for good...can i RMA it locally ? i dont have the receipt though :(

I see no reason why not, except for the receipt, becase apple is apple and methinks that it's no different from any other pod sold in the US. (unless its one of those knockoff iPos's :p ) -Mark (sorry for double post)

With a receipt. I bought mine at an Apple store, so it makes it easyfor me to get warranty services. If you bought yours with a credit card, you can get a copy of your card purchase receipt.

Black Morty Rackham said:
It varies. For example, if you were to drop it and take advantage of Best Buy's (or whatever) extra insurance, you might get a video iPod if they have no old ones in store. However, if you send it to Apple for repairs, you will almost certainly get the same exact model.

Also, consumer fraud = bad, mmkay?

BB doesn't cover physical damage liek that.

Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple’s Limited Warranty and your estimated date of purchase was 13-Apr-05. Based on this data, your product will be covered by Apple service warranty for 53 more days.

Sweet...thanks guys :)

i got a 4g ipod with the best buy PRP in sept 04 and in dec 05 i returned it to BB[via mail is the only option now] and they gave me a BB card for what i paid. now i have a shiny 5g ipod.

Back