• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Return my MOBO?

HunterDC

n00b
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
29
So I bought the Asus P5W DH Deluxe but when I opened the box and took a look at the board one of the pieces was loose. It was the gold box with ASUS written on it that is meant to cover the Intel ICH7R. I also found 2 white plastic pins (but only 1 spring) that can be used to secure the loose box to the MOBO.

Here are photos of the MOBO and the box. Is this how it was suppose to arrive? Am I just suppose to put it together myself or was it sent without being assembled properly? Could there be something wrong with the board and should i return it?

I cant seem to get the photos into the post to I linked them:
Pic 1

Pic 2
 
Definitely return it. Unless you dont feel like waiting for the rma try reattaching it or buy another cooler. you will probably need both springs so just return it.

yes it should come attached...
 
That is just crazy. Did you get that board from a local store or online, because it sounds like someone had an aftermarket cooler on it and then returned the board. I guess it could happen from the factory but I'd be amazed. Was it an open box or something.
 
I'd RMA it dude. Things are so iffy about returns and PC parts that if you try and fix DIY and you ruin something I don't think you can return it.

Play it safe. Return it.
 
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm going to RMA it today. I bought it from Newegg, supposedly brand new. Looks like my first build will just have to wait a bit longer.
 
Back
Top