Return my gtx 970?

Yeah, because he's only using 2GB of VRAM at 1440p in Shadow of Mordor... :rolleyes:

great use of :rolleyes: while contributing absolutely nothing to the thread.

Why don't you enlighten us? since your vague reply leaves no actual information other than Shadows of Mordor uses more ram @ 1440p?
 
It is pretty crappy of Nvidia to not have been straight out with this before the card came out.

If you can fork over some more cash, get a 980. Its been a great card for me thus far and should last a while. Or you could always get a 290 from AMD which is cheaper but also a very good card.
 
AMD cards tend to last longer due to nvidia abandoning optimizations on older cards. Next year, I'll bet you 290 will beat the GTX 970 easily. Probably the 980 as well.

I sold my 2 970s btw. Coil whine is enough to ignore the 900 series altogether.

OMG that made me laugh out loud!
 
Considering that the option within your budget is getting an AMD card, I would not return it.
 
Back
Top