Return my 2 570's for a 580?

Boyiee

Limp Gawd
So I am currently running 2x 570's in my system that I bought earlier this month. Sold my 480SC before they came out to grab 2 of these. I went with SLI for the option of being able to add a 3rd monitor (currently running 2 as primary for games secondary for everything else) at some point in the future. I had to get rid of my 480 when I did because a used 480 would be worth less after the release of the 570s, so it was somewhat of an impulse buy.

Lately I've pretty much only been playing WoW and some Blackops. I'm not really sure if I'd like surround gaming with these, or at all, so my option of a 3rd monitor became "well, maybe I should grab a 30inch instead".

Here's the thing, for what I'm playing lately, and for my current setup, I don't know if I really need the sli 570's. I could send them back to newegg (not sure how without paying a ton in restocking) or sell them and pick up a 580 in their place.

I'm not really sure what to do here. If I ever do pick up a 30 inch monitor, both the 570's and 580 would work out fine, but if I want to try surround gaming which doesn't seem as likely, I'd need the SLI. I'd get a little money back, and maybe even quiet my case down a bit since my top card is running kinda hot. One of the main problems with wanting to try surround is I'd probably want to go portrait, but I have 2 asus VW266H's and their stands aren't capable of it, plus they aren't great panels. One thing is for sure, I got rid of the 480 because it was just too loud, but running 2x 570's isn't much quieter considering the top card is so hot, so that right there favors the 580... or even a single 570 lol. My case has pretty good airflow, but my top card is at 71c idle with the fan on auto @ 53%

You need to decide on the whole surround thing first. If yes keep the 570's. If not keep the 570's. My 2 cents.

Back