Retrieveing data from a SCSI drive..

rana

Limp Gawd
Hi Guys,

I need to retrieve data from a SCSI drive.....this is not my hdd but someone else's. They have had this hdd sitting in storage but now want to access the data thats on it. This drive came from a windows based system but they use Mac's...

SO...how can I get the data on this drive and put it on another drive? Would I need to buy a SCSI interface card or are there any convertor cables which will let me access the drive like normal ATA or SATA drive?

Pls help....BTW...the drive (I believe) is in working order..

Thanks!

I am not sure if there are SCSI to ATA converters. You'll probably have to get a SCSI interface card. Which one depends -somewhat- on the drive itself. A model number would be extremely helpful.

Most likely you will need an interface card (PCI).

But as said, there are different types of SCSI so to tell you the right card to get we would need to know more about the drive.

Thanks Guys!

I will try to get the model number for you. However, how much do interface cards usually cost on average? Last time I checked (a while back) they were $600 + ?

Thanks Guys!

I will try to get the model number for you. However, how much do interface cards usually cost on average? Last time I checked (a while back) they were $600 + ?

You can get a cheap single channel scsi card for $50. Much cheaper on ebay depending on the type of scsi. If it is an older type you could get a card for 10-20 bucks. I have an ultra wide scsi card that I would sell for $20.
Thanks

^
Is the SCSI Card in decent condition? I just got some more info and the SCSI drive uses a ultrawide 1 connector...

Also...would you be willing to ship to Canada?

Back