HyperTension
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2002
- Messages
- 1,220
Ok, just got back from my trip to VA, and somehow, the aura of my g/f has killed my speakers. She swears "I didn't touch anything.", but yet, no sound...
Ok.. I confirm this, see system sig. for specs, and use the Altec-Lansing SRS Headphones, with mic for gaming. I uninstall my audio drivers, and remove the left-overs with Driver Cleaner. Do a total re-install, and then the wonderful CL update for my X-Fi driver.
Suddenly, all is well in the world. Have wonderful sound... wait, what the... no worky on mic. All the "Mute" options are unchecked, and when I tap on the Mic, I can hear the tapping coming from the speakers, so sound is going from the mic, to the card, getting processed, and back out through the speakers, but yet in vent, and HL2, no voice. I confirm this with "Sound Recorder". Microphone / Microphone 2 are unchecked, and volume is all the way up, as well as the "+20dB booster" enabled. And yes, I have the microphne setting on the external control to "High".
Any ideas, suggestions.. I'm totally confused on this one. Thanks guys.!!!
Ok.. I confirm this, see system sig. for specs, and use the Altec-Lansing SRS Headphones, with mic for gaming. I uninstall my audio drivers, and remove the left-overs with Driver Cleaner. Do a total re-install, and then the wonderful CL update for my X-Fi driver.
Suddenly, all is well in the world. Have wonderful sound... wait, what the... no worky on mic. All the "Mute" options are unchecked, and when I tap on the Mic, I can hear the tapping coming from the speakers, so sound is going from the mic, to the card, getting processed, and back out through the speakers, but yet in vent, and HL2, no voice. I confirm this with "Sound Recorder". Microphone / Microphone 2 are unchecked, and volume is all the way up, as well as the "+20dB booster" enabled. And yes, I have the microphne setting on the external control to "High".
Any ideas, suggestions.. I'm totally confused on this one. Thanks guys.!!!