• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Retail vs. Open Value - Microsoft License

Sasiki

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
2,818
I got a quote for Office 2007 Standard Open Value license. The price for 75 copies was $50,451 for the 3 year agreement. The next 3 years is $25,272 for a 6 year total of $75,723. If I just buy standard retail packs, I can get 75 copies at $350 each for a total of $26,250. The retail licenses are transferable to a new computer, so the 6 year total is $26,250. Am I missing something or is it a total waste to do Microsoft Licensing? I'm not worried about managing the licensing keys. I can use Excel to keep track of the license key that goes to each computer. A lot of my users are still using Office 2000, so I'm not worried about upgrading software every 3 years. Office 2007 should easily last 6 years.

Or I could do it all with Terminal Services and use a volume license copy of Office.. but i guess that would still require me to purchase the correct number of licenses for my users. I get so confused with MS licensing haha.
 
Back
Top