Resuming of paused firefox downloads

Perrupa

Limp Gawd
Ive been having the problem with downloads in firefox v1.0 that when I pause them they will say they're resumed but won't download at all. if I close the download window and open it again it shows that the download is still paused.

Anyone else have this problem or know a workaround?

While I'm on the topic does anybody use a download manager such as getRight or anything like that? I've been looking for one with good firefox capability but when I use getRight with it it would take me to a page where I couldn't use a gesture or the back button on my MX700 to get back from and I'd have to click the back button. (not too big a deal but annoying enough to make me uninstall it).

Thanks in advance

Peace

leave firefox open when your downloading stuff and it should resume or try the download again. Here's something that maybe getright, i guess you will have to look into it. Its in the firefox extensions.

Enables Mozilla and Firefox to handle single and massive
("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular
external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD
(15 currently supported, see http://www.flashgot.net for
details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to
synthetize full media galleries in one page, from serial contents previously
scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".

v 0.5.5 { + (Long awaited) Option Dialog + Customizable contextual menu items + Huge speedup in duplicate links removal + Huge speedup in cookie handling + Multithreaded optimization for large amounts of links (FlashGot All and FlashGot Selection processing no longer blocks user interface) + Alt+Click now is enabled by default + Chinese simplified translation (thanks to Duriel) + Greek translation (thanks to Kesisidis Dimitrios) + Lithuanian translation (thanks to Marius Navickas) }

Back