• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Restoring my tablet, with partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietRiot

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
1,109
Well, im getting a loop of BSODs on my tablet, and i think its software related. im coming up on my finals, and i cant get to my notes!!!

Heres the thing.....I have 3 partitions.

A) windows, system files
B)empty
C)my documents (notes, etc.)


When i put the system restore disk in, it does not have any option to format, etc. So if i restore the system, is it JUST going to overwrite A? Or will it take out my whole hard drive? This is very important, and help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
 
If it's like most restore disks, it is pretty much going to wipe everything out. All your stuff will be gone most likely. I guess if you were extremely lucky, the manufacturer will have made the disk in a way that preseves things, but I wouldn't count on it.

You may need to boot to a Linux live-CD to save your files off to a flash/thumb drive.
 
Langford said:
If it's like most restore disks, it is pretty much going to wipe everything out. All your stuff will be gone most likely. I guess if you were extremely lucky, the manufacturer will have made the disk in a way that preseves things, but I wouldn't count on it.

You may need to boot to a Linux live-CD to save your files off to a flash/thumb drive.

Yeah I would be VERY CAREFUL about using a restore cd. If you can boot to a knoppix cd you should be able to save everything. If your tablet is like mine and does not have a cdrom (unless you purchased one extra like I did) then you could also pull the drive and place it into another computer if you have an adaptor.
 
yea, buying an adapter tomorrow. it does have a cd-rom, and it also is having trouble booting from cd's. dont know whats up but ill figure it out tomorrow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top