Restocking fees @ Apple Store?

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
I heard these were eliminated, but I have a few questions:

-Are there any restocking fees at Online Apple Store?
-Can I buy something from Online Apple Store and return it to local Apple Store (to avoid shipping costs)?

Thanks.

1. No Restocking fees online or instore (exchange time frame still applies, though most stores rarely enforce it.

2. Yes and no, You can return for store credit but not for cash refund. (they'll pay for return shipping if you call.)

Last edited:
That's legacy info that hasn't been updated.
If you call them they'll confirm this.

I'm about to return a ipod touch 32GB. I'll let you know if i get nailed with a restocking fee. Actually, I probably won't see since I carefully reassembled the packaging and replaced the tapes, so it appears to unopened :D.

Ha, oops, put back the ipod upside down, so they noticed that it was opened :eek: (the manager was confused at first and keep looking at it over and over again for like 10 mins, and then they finally pointed out the error ha)

Anyways, they refunded me the whole amount on the receipt, so I guess no restocking fee (unless its a separate unstated charge :mad:).

There used to be restocking fees* at the Apple Store, there are no longer.

However, there is still a 14 day return policy.

*Restocking fees only applied to serialized items, now everything has absolutely no restocking fee.

They don't charge you for restocking fees anymore. However they only give you 14 days now instead of 30.

Back