Restarting

altec

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
1,536
Having a PSU thats to small for the rig make it restart when you try to play a game (I.E. BF1942, UT2k4, etc)?
 
Your case being that "DEMON II" probably comes with a shitty power supply. Powmax I think?
 
No the case didn't have a PSU so i put a Rexus 350W in it. Anyway it was my memory after all. I changed it from 2T to 1T and its been smooth ever since.
 
Changing your command rate from 2T to 1T isn't necessarily your solution... if anything, running 2T is more stable, but slower. Rexus 350W? That's no good.
 
altec said:
No the case didn't have a PSU so i put a Rexus 350W in it. Anyway it was my memory after all. I changed it from 2T to 1T and its been smooth ever since.

So you knowingly went out and bought a $15 power supply? Fascinating.
 
No i payed $10 besides i've had it for years and its all i got....
 
An overtaxed PSU can reboot the PC. Yes.

<edit> I typoed. </edit>
 
Back
Top