Restarting Issue

Wheresatom

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
1,390
I am having an issue with my computer when I restart or even just shut it down. If I re-start everything will shut down like normal, except it seems like when it goes to restart it stops before it is done. The fans will sound like they are off for an instant, and then back on. I get no video though, my monitor detects no signal. If I hold the power button 4 seconds, the computer turns off, and I can turn it on again.

The same happens when I shut down. When I shut down from windows, the computer shuts down and everything is off. When I go to turn the computer on again, fans spin, drives turn, no video. Hard restart with the power button fixes it though. What could it be?

System:
Mobo: Asus P5N-E-SLI
Processor: Intel e6420
RAM:G.Skill 2GBNQ (4gigs)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda
Power Supply: Antec true power trio 650

Vista Ultimate 64 bit

 
That actually has been happening to me a few times (Not with reset with power on)

I think it works now though.

Idk maybe a motherboard firmware upgrade would help? (I really have no idea so wait for someone else to chime in)
 
I would try resetting the cmos, and if that didn't work, upgrade the bios. Wierd problem.
 
Can I assume that this kind of problem is probably a motherboard issue then? Honestly I just installed Vista, and I feel like it was pulling a whirlwind of updates the first few days. Could I have installed a bad update? I think it was Tuesday this week when the problems started.

 
Back
Top