Restart VM @ specific times

capreppy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2009
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
3,410
Is there a way to restart a VM (via VMWare Player 3.0) at specific times in the day?

I have a VM that when it completes a WU, it will send, but won't pick up a new WU. It just waits and waits and ...

I can restart the VM and it will pick up a new WU just fine and then chug along.

I would like to automate the restart (since sometimes it completes a WU in the middle of the night and then produces nothing til I get to it), but don't know of any easy to do it. Suggestions?
 
:D

Forgot to mention, this isn't a notfred's VM. This is a regular VM with Ubuntu 8.04
 
TASKKILL /F /IM "vmware-vmx.exe"

If you put that in a batch script, and then schedule a task to run it, then the script will kill the vmware-vmx.exe process. If you schedule another task to then restart the VM, it'll get what you want. However, it's obviously a bit clumsy, but it works.
 
I will give this a try. I've been searching high and low and have not found anything :(
 
Back
Top