Ressurrecting a dead subject...

Santroph

Limp Gawd
Hi all!
Well i know this is a old and dead subject but i wanted some help.
I have a 9500->9700pro softmodded card, i use w1zzard's drivers and they work well, in most cases, because i am one of the unfortunate people who got a card that is 90% working.
I have MOST games working very fine, but some of them have the infamous CHECKERBOARDING. After a long time and several checks i have found something that can solve my problem.
I have found that Batlefront for example has the CB (short for checkerboarding since i'm gona use it a lot) ONLY when i free SHADOWS in the game, EVERY OTHER option can be used and it works fine.
Doom 3 only has it when some things get iluminated by the flashlight, and only in some places that appear to have some alpha texture or something like that.
Painkiller always have it when using the flashlight, but ONLY when using the flashlite, and in no other place in the whole game.
Halo has it everywhere.
Quake 3, seem to be like Doom3 :\
And now the last aquisition is Lord of the rings Batle for middle earth. It show it ONLY when the map goes in the night mode, or when we have a lot of shadows in bridges and stuff.
So i have came to some conclusions and i suspect of something.
I think my card must have something as Stencil buffer or Z oclusion or something like that with problems, anyone think about it?
Does anyone has a solution for this stuff?
Does anyone know how to disable something in registry to solve this?
I think that something that does shadows fuckmeup in this, i can live without shadows fine, but i need the extra 4 pipes and can't live without AA and Aniso :)

Thanks in advance.

There is nothing you can do against defective pipelines, maybe rage3d tweaker helps

OldMX

If your card isnt having stencil buffer problems before the mod, then it isnt having them after either. Z occlusion is the process of disregarding data that wont get used to creat a scene. This also has nothing to do with the checkerboards your seeing in your games.

If you're looking for a remedy for your problems, there isnt one other than undoing the soft-mod.

Back