Resources for 4k Panels?

Sunin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2008
I need your help. Are there any native 120 or 240 hz 4k TVs out there yet? With the dual link what is the theoretical limit of hz that can be pushed? How long b4 we see some 144hz gaming versions? I realize most current cards can't push those hz but eventually they will. I'd like to future proof myself a bit

Dual link?

Hoss, you're never going to see over 30Hz on DVI at 4K. DVI is abandonware at this point, and has been for almost half a decade. And no there is no 240Hz Tvs at 4K, Seiki has 120Hz LED panels.

Well what connection is used, I thought dvi/hdmi

The forthcoming DisplayPort 1.3 has enough bandwidth to support 4k @ 120 Hz and 4k 3D content, in addition to 8k @ 60 Hz.

The Seiki panel only does 120 Hz @ 1080p, not 4k. It only has HDMI 1.4a inputs.

It's going to be years before we start seeing 144hz 4k gaming monitors popping up.

There is no connection that as of yet can handle 4K 120Hz bandwith except mentioned DP 1.3 .. which is there just on paper. No monitors, no tv, no gpus has it's support and won't for at least half a year, possibly more (one can count when HDMI 2.0 standart was finalized, when it was first implemented in actual products like TVs/projectors. GPUs still doesn't support it. Heck, there are lot of laptops selling now, that have problems supporting even anything more then 2560x1600). About the only way to push that now today is with using multiple cable inputs, which in turn will bring enjoyment even worse then DP MST. For example you do now that nvidia decidedly disables 2*n monitor nvsurround support for their gaming gpus? And yet again to be able use multiple combined cable input one first needs such monitors/TVs released. Do you know any? And such monitors sounds to me like one-off or something for real high-end, where pricing is $25K-$500K+.
Thus OP might have as well asked if there are 16K 3D 240Hz monitors now out. NO.

Back