Resolution reverts back to 1024x768 after reboot

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
Hi
I have 2 computers sharing an LCD 15" monitor , keyboard and mouse via a KVM switch

the user prefers 800x600 res .. but on only one of the computers , if she reboots ..the resolution changes back to 1024x768 . She has been just manually changing it to 800x600 and it stays while computer stays on.. the other computer holds its 800x600 setting just fine ..both running WinXP Pro.

the computer that is fine uses a VIA chipset with ATi 9250 128 AGP video card ..the one that keeps reverting back to a higher resolution uses an Intel chipset with 8meg onboard video.

incidentally , the computer that is not keeping the 800x600 res .. I just did a repair install on it and the previous hardware was a VIA chipset mobo with onboard savage graphics ...

hmm .. maybe its some left over files from previous video solution that is causing the problems (I might have just answered my own question as I typed this out ..lol :p )

anyways ..thats the problem currently and I will see if any remaining previous drivers are still lingering about ... if there are any other suggestions , I'm all ears :)

Back