resolution question

master noran

2[H]4U
Hey guy's I recently picked up a slightly damaged dell 2407, the dvi does not work and I have to use the VGA, my video card does not have a VGA connection so I use the VGA adapter the seller included, except it seems to be the only one that works. My question is that the monitor seems to only be able to display 1600x1200 and lower, is the monitor even more broken then was revealed? or is this something to do with how VGA works? Also is there any way to force it to 1920x1200?

Try maybe installing the monitor drivers.

Widows.. Especially xp will assign a generic driver for any monitor it doesn't recognize, those generic drivers have a max profile of 1600x1200. Maybe the adapter seller gave u isn't allowing the id of the monitor to be detected through the vga cable.

Great news though, my second card came in today and after installing new drivers I booted up to find that I was running 3600x1920.

This is great!

I dunno man. That sounds pretty broken to me. I've NEVER heard of that res before and am also pretty sure the max that monitor can do is 1920x1200.

He's running a 3x1P setup with 3 1920x1200 monitors. Congrats on getting it working. :)

Back