Resolution question for 1680x1050 users!

ikjadoon

Limp Gawd
Hi, I'm about to get a Dell E207WFP monitor. Now, I know it isn't the *greatest* monitor in the world, but my dad gets it free and he already has my NEC 20WMGX2, so I get this one. :D

I have one question. I "only" have a 8800GTS 640MB and I'm wondering if it is possible to lower the resolution on the monitor? Like to 1440x900 or 1280x1024? Can someone just spout out some of the lower resolutions possible on wide-screen 20" monitors? Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

That video card will be fine, My little brother has a 8800GTS 320 and play at native res on his Samsung 204BW (1680x1050). So I don't think you will have to lower the resolution at all but yes you can do it if you are so inclined.

OK, thanks a ton. I was a bit scared at first, but now I'm OK. Now if I could just get that 20WMGX2, lol..

~Ibrahim~

you will neither want to or need to lower the resolution from 1680x1050. I have dell 2005fpw and only a 7900gs and play all my games at native res no problem, so your card is fine.

You're getting shafted...personally I would make him take the Dell.;) Also, I use a 7950GT with my NEC 20WMGX2 @ the full 1680x1050 (for games) and it is fine as long as you don't go nuts with the eyecandy settings.

You're getting shafted...personally I would make him take the Dell.;) Also, I use a 7950GT with my NEC 20WMGX2 @ the full 1680x1050 (for games) and it is fine as long as you don't go nuts with the eyecandy settings.

I know, I know! I actually won the NEC, but gave it to him because back then I didn't game that much. Eghad! And only to find that my current LCD has a response time of 25ms! But I gave it as a gift and can't really take it back, lol. I'm sure he'd give it in a heartbeat, but I just wouldn't feel right. At least I'm stepping up! :)

Yeah, the *only* game I'm worried about is Crysis. Otherwise, I'm kind of excited! A whole other three inches! And wide, too.

Thanks for the tips and reassurance guys! I knew I posted in the right forum. :D

~Ibrahim~

Back