Resolution on DELL 24inch 2405FPW

MavsX

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Fellas I have a question for you. I finally purchased Battlefield 2142. I have a Dell 24 inch UltraSharp 2405FPW Widescreen Digital Flat Panel. And pushing that is a 512MB ATI Radeon X1900 XTX. I think I have the resolution set at 1920 X 1200. Anyway in the game it has it set a bit lower say 1280 X ?. I am wondering what the best resolution is and what Hz to put it at, it lists like 90, 60 and maybe 40Hz. I used to play BF 2 , with no problems, and a couple of days ago I kept seeing this line go from the top down to the bottom of the screen like it was the refresh rate, So I’m thinking i picked the wrong resolution in BF2142. Also I noticed it started to hurt my eyes..so that can't be good.

I guess what i'm trying to ask is what would be the better resolution with the HZ refresh to pick, so i don't funk up my monitor.

So what do you guys think?

I got a 2405 and I run BF2 at 1920x1200. I suggest playing around with VSync.

Also, for the eye burning issue, this is going to sound insane... but... try turning the monitors brightness down (the monitor, not the game) to 25 or 0 instead of the default (100). It made a huge difference for me. That monitors backlight is just insane.

As for the hz, set it to 60. (Its an LCD, not a CRT!)

nice, thanks for the help bro. I'll see ya out on the battlefield...

Back