Resizing NTFS partition for SUSE install

Rehevkor

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently tried the bootable "live" cd version of SUSE linux on my Dell Inspiron notebook, and I'd like to dual boot the real thing with Windows XP Pro.

The entire hard drive (40gb) is formatted NTFS by Windows. I want to use Partition Magic to resize that partition and leave 8gb or so unpartitioned, which I can then use with the SUSE mini-installation cd to install the new OS.

Resizing a partition is pretty straightforward, except it allows me to push the unpartitioned space (the 8gb) to the start of the drive or right after the NTFS partition. Which way should I go, or does it matter?

it really doesnt matter.

Rehevkor said:
I recently tried the bootable "live" cd version of SUSE linux on my Dell Inspiron notebook, and I'd like to dual boot the real thing with Windows XP Pro.

The entire hard drive (40gb) is formatted NTFS by Windows. I want to use Partition Magic to resize that partition and leave 8gb or so unpartitioned, which I can then use with the SUSE mini-installation cd to install the new OS.

Resizing a partition is pretty straightforward, except it allows me to push the unpartitioned space (the 8gb) to the start of the drive or right after the NTFS partition. Which way should I go, or does it matter?

Back