Resize plug-in would be really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
I went back and searched the forums for threads on this. I understand that there are not many requests for this, but I thought I'd chime in and say it would be a great feature to have. I'm prepping to post a build thread, and I've run into the situation where I have some higher-res photos that I'd like to share for detail, but putting them in manually would lead to a huge picture that's hard to view. Photo resizing would be the perfect solution for this. It allows me to use higher-res photos, and keep them in a minimal and convenient size for normal viewing.

Just thought I would input that, because it really would make the forum that much better.

My $0.02:

This would also help in the "Funniest Picture" thread. Some pictures are extremely long, or posted in HQ by accident. They skew the page sizing, and also make it hard to view until a moderator gets involved and fixes it...

I think it is more the person that is posting problem then the forum. As they should post something properly sized to begin with. I mean why on earth post a picture so big that it stretches the page frame to begin with. Or perhaps they really don't understand how to resize them to a thumbnail and make it clickable to enlarge . But then you also have some that say get a bigger monitor also. Really the most thing needed is common sense to be used when you post a picture honestly. But perhaps they can do a [aimg] tag code for it one day.

most photo hosts offer a resized option where clicking gives you the full size picture .... might be a way to go if you do not wish to resize them prior to posting online

Steps:
1- Start, run: mspaint
2- Open picture
3- Control+W, change from 100 to 50
4- Save, done

I've always just used imgur to host and use the large thumbnail option when posting pics. They are decent enough to view, and you can click them for the full res pic. I'm sure other image hosting sites offer the same.

Update: I just used PhotoScape, it's free software and it worked pretty well. So I suppose manual is good, but the auto feature would be even better.

I've always just used imgur to host and use the large thumbnail option when posting pics. They are decent enough to view, and you can click them for the full res pic. I'm sure other image hosting sites offer the same.

That's a great idea, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back