Resident Evil DS

Opie

Gawd
Wow this is bringing back memories of my overheating Playstation 1. My GF was out of town and I rented the newly released RE and killed my Playstation!

I picked up a copy of the port with my DS Lite on Sunday and this is outstanding. Never thought I'd have it in the palm of my hand and its just as good as I remember.

hows the graphics? i looked at some screenshots on gamespot and it looks horrible. i hope to god they look better than the pictures, cuz theyre so blurry it hurts

ne0-reloaded said:
hows the graphics? i looked at some screenshots on gamespot and it looks horrible. i hope to god they look better than the pictures, cuz theyre so blurry it hurts

...um...it's a port of a Playstation game...and those were low-res shots of a port of a Playstation game.

2 + 2 = ?

wow, so instead of answerin the question, you gonna be a smart ass huh? i guess everyones tough behind a screen name.

anyways, thanks for the reply!

I'd be more respectful if you'd ask less ignorant questions, but alas...

Common sense is your friend.

BTW, the only one acting "tough" here is you, so give the innocence shit a rest.

LeviathanZERO said:
i HATE children.
join the club! god they suck.

anyway, i'm definitely interested in this game. on a side note, i find it amazing that the DS can breath life into these old titles so well. i find it extremely refreshing...

K600 said:
...um...it's a port of a Playstation game...and those were low-res shots of a port of a Playstation game.

2 + 2 = ?

-----------------------------------------

I'd be more respectful if you'd ask less ignorant questions, but alas...

Common sense is your friend.

BTW, the only one acting "tough" here is you, so give the innocence shit a rest.

I don't get what was wrong w/ his question. He just asked someone's opinion of the graphics because the screenshots he saw didn't look great. He COULD have been like "OMG I SAW SCREENSHOTS AND THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE CRAP I"LL NEVER GO BUY IT", but rather he wanted to find out what someone who played it thought. You yourself gave reasons why he should not have put much weight on what he'd seen on gamespot... so asking for someone elses opinion seems to make sense, yea?

combustion said:
bet this game rox with headphones in the dark. /scared
i dont think it would have the same effect as siting a foot from the tv in a large dark room.

Bare in mind the screenshots on gs are blown up.
The screen is only 3", so it will look better than a picture covering half of a 19" monitor.

I just picked this up myself and I'm having fun. Yeah by today's standards RE is not that great, but for nostalgic reasons I am having blast with it. Definitely give it a try if you played the old PS1 game :D

I've been thinking of picking it up but I really don't like playing 3d games with a dpad. I use mario 64ds as an example but that was made with a analog stick in mind for the 64. How does RE pan out since it was made with a dpad in mind on the ps?

Cut out the arguing. The reason the shots look bad is because of exactly what someone else posted. A low res shot of a low res original image blown up to something larger=teh GARBAGE. But on the DS, it doesn't look that bad. It looks only as "bad" as it always has. ;)

BigJavy said:
I don't get what was wrong w/ his question. He just asked someone's opinion of the graphics because the screenshots he saw didn't look great. He COULD have been like "OMG I SAW SCREENSHOTS AND THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE CRAP I"LL NEVER GO BUY IT", but rather he wanted to find out what someone who played it thought. You yourself gave reasons why he should not have put much weight on what he'd seen on gamespot... so asking for someone elses opinion seems to make sense, yea?

it's a waste of time to respond, that's why i stopped posting

Stereophile said:
Bare in mind the screenshots on gs are blown up.
The screen is only 3", so it will look better than a picture covering half of a 19" monitor.

the problem i have w/ that argument is that i've seen other screenshots of games, and it didn't look nearly as bad. hopefully the real thing looks better. all of the 3d games looks like ass to me on the ds (except mario 64). i was gonna get it yesterday, but it was sold out everywhere

Back