Resident Evil 9: Revenant Shadows (Rumor?)

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
Seems a a digital storefront Play Asia has supposedly leaked the cover and name to the newest Resident Evil.
Bogus or not?
There are a few things to glean from this. The first is the rumors about returning characters like Leon Kennedy coming back into the fray might be true. The listing doesn't tell us which "familiar faces" are coming back, but we at least know that a few fan favorites will be involved in Resident Evil 9. The other big detail is that RE9 will feature an "expansive" world. Fans who have been paying close attention will remember leaks claiming the next game would feature an open world. This listing seems to confirm that detail, though you'll want to take all of this with a hefty grain of salt.

1717182345037.png

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/resident-evil-9-listing-leak-code-veronica-resident-evil-0/

https://www.play-asia.com/resident-evil-9/13/70hafz

Play Asia does this all the time, by the way. Play Asia isn't an indicator of anything. Internet rumors spread about Capcom announcing this, RE5 remake, RE0 remake, and CV remake this summer and Play Asia made placeholders for them. Nothing substantial to back it up. It's why I didn't post a thread myself earlier this week. I like to have some meat behind a rumor, like a reliable leaker.

Play Asia does this all the time, by the way. Play Asia isn't an indicator of anything. Internet rumors spread about Capcom announcing this, RE5 remake, RE0 remake, and CV remake this summer and Play Asia made placeholders for them. Nothing substantial to back it up. It's why I didn't post a thread myself earlier this week. I like to have some meat behind a rumor, like a reliable leaker.
That's why I have it as a rumor just in case because I knew someone like you would swing by and set me straight.

Capcom Confirms Next Resident Evil in Development, Will Be Led by Resident Evil 7 Director

With rumors flying that Resident Evil 9 is on the verge of being revealed, Capcom has confirmed that the next entry in the storied survival horror franchise is now in development...development will be led by Resident Evil 7: Biohazard director Koshi Nakanishi, who confirmed the new sequel in the course of talking about the previous game's mobile release:

"It was really difficult to figure out what to do after [Resident Evil 7]," Nakanishi said. "But I found it, and to be honest it feels substantial. I can't share any details just yet, but I hope you're excited for the day I can"...

https://www.ign.com/articles/capcom-resident-evil-9-resident-evil-7-director

I'd say that Village was an appropriate end to the "mold" story arch and it even worked as a fun spiritual successor to RE4. I don't really want them to totally shift back to the stripped down survival horror archetype, but maybe that's what they need to do to keep things fresh? Wild guess, I bet whatever they end up doing is way more focused on open world elements.

I want impressed by village due to the colors they used but I only played a few hours. I wonder what year this game will come when it's 2030 tell me to stop

Back