Resident Evil 4 (remake)

I only played RE remake and 0 on the GameCube - didn't play 4 until the HD Remaster release on Steam in 2014 - took me a while to even acknowledge non-zombie RE games :p
If you want to get pedantic, the Resident Evil series has never had any zombies in it.

Remake Wesker is like 'just some guy Steve' now they fucking ruined him make him operatically insane from lust for power and doping too many viruses like he was 😭

Just picked it up and it is pretty dope. Only wish Ada wasn't dressed up like a nun in leather boots. :rolleyes:

1695576080462.png

Edit: I heard you have to do all the unlocks in the game by getting S+ various ways/times etc in Mercs mode? Lol I ain't doing that shit

Just picked this up for $30~ on gamersgate. Played for about 45 minutes and died in 3 completely different cutscenes. Last time I was in town running from a bunch of creeps and a chainsaw dude pops out. I kited them all around town until a random zombie just ran up on me and insta-snapped my neck. Is there a health bar? I haven't seen any sort of indicator at all so I can't tell if it's because I was hit too much or if it was a QT-style event. Was also playing with the controller and the aim felt really sluggish. I'll have to see if I can improve that or switch to KBM.

Just picked this up for $30~ on gamersgate. Played for about 45 minutes and died in 3 completely different cutscenes. Last time I was in town running from a bunch of creeps and a chainsaw dude pops out. I kited them all around town until a random zombie just ran up on me and insta-snapped my neck. Is there a health bar? I haven't seen any sort of indicator at all so I can't tell if it's because I was hit too much or if it was a QT-style event. Was also playing with the controller and the aim felt really sluggish. I'll have to see if I can improve that or switch to KBM.

The health bar is the thin green bar that's wrapping around your weapon in the lower right. It's not all that obvious and I don't recall if they even mention it.
You can be killed instantly by a few enemies (like the chainsaw zombies), but most of them just do incremental damage. I think the actual final hits look like a cutscene of sorts, so that might've been what you saw.
You do generally want to kite around that area and eventually that whole thing will end. It's actually the most challenging thing for the first 1/3 of the game IMO, so it's downhill from there.
With shooting, the main thing to keep in mind is that shooting fast doesn't usually benefit you. You generally want to be deliberate and accurate to the legs or head. Shooting 2-3 times fast oddly does less damage than landing those same hits a second apart.

yeah if you get grabbed you'll need to free yourself by either holding or pressing (whatever option you're using) the melee key iirc, otherwise the chainsaw bitches and bastards will always one hit kill you regardless of your health status.

If you're talking about the village sections there are 2 grenades in that area that can make the whole sequence end almost immediately, again iirc you just need to kill 15 ganados and then they will go to bingo (lol). But yeah that area can be pretty hectic if you're unfamiliar with it.

protip: You can get the handcannon very easily by completing the first 3 maps in Mercenaries mode with an S rank. All thats needed is a score of 200,000pts. I never liked Mercenaries mode and hardly ever played it in any RE game and it was still super easy. Literally a couple tries on each map and it was already done. The handcannon's exclusive perk is that ammo never runs out, basically infinite ammo but you still need to reload. Absolutely stoopid gun that will make a joke of this game. It's fun though blowing ganados in half :)

* So actually I was wrong you don't even need to reload the handcannon with its exclusive perk, it is just straight up infinite ammo.

Last edited:
protip: You can get the handcannon very easily by completing the first 3 maps in Mercenaries mode with an S rank. All thats needed is a score of 200,000pts. I never liked Mercenaries mode and hardly ever played it in any RE game and it was still super easy. Literally a couple tries on each map and it was already done. The handcannon's exclusive perk is that ammo never runs out, basically infinite ammo but you still need to reload. Absolutely stoopid gun that will make a joke of this game. It's fun though blowing ganados in half :)

* So actually I was wrong you don't even need to reload the handcannon with its exclusive perk, it is just straight up infinite ammo.
If it's like the original RE4 you can still trigger a reload animation by pressing the reload button, if you want.
I'm sure there are or will be mods for perverts like yourself.
There are plenty of mods for discerning perverts out there.

Asking for a woman to be dressed nicely is perversion now? wtf?
Videogame women aren't women.

If the main thing that comes to mind when playing a game is, "This digital woman isn't revealing enough", then yea, there's something wrong with you. Having said that, what's wrong with you isn't my concern, as much as the reinforcement of negative stereotypes about men.

Videogame women aren't women.

If the main thing that comes to mind when playing a game is, "This digital woman isn't revealing enough", then yea, there's something wrong with you. Having said that, what's wrong with you isn't my concern, as much as the reinforcement of negative stereotypes about men.
you should take the "1337" out of your name. wanting women to look like women is not a perversion.

I made it to the island at the end. Incredible remake! Here is a game that has held up well over time.

It is incredibly linear, but that is part of the appeal to me. I don’t always want to be navigating. Sometimes I just want to keep progressing to the next great set piece.

Leon is a great protagonist. Always has been.

Some truly great bosses and villains in this game. None are particularly challenging, but they are all truly memorable.

The merchant guy and his conveniently placed typewriters are so ridiculously convenient, but it is classic and finding him never gets old thanks to his epic voice acting performance.

Has there ever been a game that made better use of a pistol as your primary weapon?

This game is a stone cold classic.

10/10

Reactions: horse
like this
I finally got around to playing RE4: Separate Ways, and I think it's extremely good. After Shadows of Rose in Village (which was "meh" at best), this is back on par with what they gave us in RE7. Yes, they're reusing areas from the main game, but that's essentially the whole point. There's a lot to see and do and it's really challenging, too. They start throwing endgame level enemies at you right away, and you don't always have the right firepower to deal with it. The new Ada mechanics are kinda cool, though. While the stealth/knife stuff only barely had any use in the main game, it's front and center here.
If you haven't played the main game, it's definitely worth snagging a version that comes with Separate Ways.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Out of boredom, I finally jumped through the hoops to unlock the Chicago Sweeper. What a colossal disappointment. Especially considering you probably used the unlimited rocket launcher to unlock the damned thing. Unlike the original game's Chicago Typewriter, it's not that strong or that accurate. You also have to spend a ton of money to upgrade it to get all the perks. When it's all said and done, it's just a double-damage SMG with unlimited ammo and below average accuracy. In the original game it was more like a rifle that fired 10x faster.

Out of boredom, I finally jumped through the hoops to unlock the Chicago Sweeper. What a colossal disappointment. Especially considering you probably used the unlimited rocket launcher to unlock the damned thing. Unlike the original game's Chicago Typewriter, it's not that strong or that accurate. You also have to spend a ton of money to upgrade it to get all the perks. When it's all said and done, it's just a double-damage SMG with unlimited ammo and below average accuracy. In the original game it was more like a rifle that fired 10x faster.
Bloom is a huge issue in this game after they went from the laser targeting of the original to the "traditional" crosshair. The Handcannon is similarly almost useless in the remake compared to the original due to the random spread. It is endlessly infuriating.

Back