Reset registry back to default reg

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
is there anyway to reset my registry back to where it was a day or two before? or just reset it back to a brand new windows install? i borked the reg somehow and now windows wont boot, anyway to use the recovery console to reset it? i have the disk and everything

using windows xp sp2

cant repair install, theres no option to repair what now?

and yes i did try most recent config that worked

Can Windows boot into safe mode at the least? You could perform a system restore if that is possible.

On the other hand, if you know what needs to be fixed in the registry you could try making a BartPE disc from your Windows install disc then do some offline registry editing after booting the BartPE disc. Google is your friend on this issue; just do a search for "regedit BartPE".

That's all the help I can give ya. If those don't work out, you'll just have to salvage any data you need from the hard disk and perform a fresh install. (I find it strange that the "Repair" option doesn't appear for you during the Windows installation process =/)

no windows doesnt boot into safe mode, i have no idea what screwed up so i guess ill just salvage what i need and do a clean install thanks for all your help i really appreciate it

Back