reservoir/pump combo

man00

Limp Gawd
I use a X2O 750 right now , looking for a backup when this one goes out. I used the other X2O 750 for a few years before it failed. I don't know if this one will last as long or not. Are there better ones out there today or are these still pretty good?

You say you've had an X20 750 fail on you - were you able to easily source and replace the pump to get things working again? If the answer is yes, good, and it's just a question of potential cost going forward. If the answer is no, then you shouldn't buy another one. XSPC (along with plenty of others) makes reservoirs / tops that are compatible with Laing D5s and DDCs. If your pump dies, simply replace it with a new (or used from the FS/FT forum) D5 or DDC.

There's no way I'd buy a pump/res combo without knowing what pump is inside it, and being certain that the pump will be replaceable when it fails. There's very little chance that I'd buy a pump/res combo with anything other than a Laing D5 or Laing DDC pump. I wouldn't touch the X20 750, but if you've been able to fix it in the past at a reasonable cost, then it's probably not worth shelling out for a second res.

Last edited:
My first one came in a kit, I bought a backup one (just in case) after a few years the first one died. Put the backup one in and running it now. Just looking for another backup and see there better setups out there today.

Back