• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Researching LCD vs LED your thoughts?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 220791
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 220791

Guest
Time for me to buy two new flat screen display monitors as I am upgrading my system with two very nice Galaxy 66NNH7DV6WXZ GeForce GTX 660 Ti GC 3GB.

My old LG Flatron L226WTQ-BF has been a beast and served me well the last few years.
But now it's time I upgrade to 1080P

So I want to research what would be the best bang for the buck I am looking to set up a 3 monitor system. I want the gaming and performance eyecandy :eek:
 
While lurking around the net I am wondering how close tv and monitors are transitioning.

I'm looking at some of the 240Hz 1080p and wondering how a 60 inch would perform times 3 with my computer :D
 
120/240hrz when it comes to LCD/LED tv's are TOTALLY different than computer monitors. They're not always true refresh rates 90% of the time. However, if you can deal with slight input lag some tv's are just beautiful. Sometimes when I don't feel like being at my desk I run an HDMI to my 52" 120hrz Sharp Aquos LCD. It was the last model run with the full array LEDs. Games looked so beautiful and rich. But there was a slight input lag.
 
Someday that likely will be a thing of the past. TVs and Monitors are improving so much the lines between the two might just be removed. That would be sick sweet if we could have a 240hz 60+ size tv monitor Gaming on that would just be great
 
Agreed. Though as of now 120hz/240hz TV suck balls. Great viewing angles compared to LED monitors though.
 
III'''#OTL

Ok.... LED or LCD.. nope.. um, no, there are only LCDs with LED or CCFL backlight but no pure"LEDs" (except, Sony Crystal LED TVs, that are a real RGB LED array without backlight. and OLEDs)

Viewing angles and "LCD" have no realtionship whatsoever, there are only different LCD Panel Types in front of the CCFL or LCD backlights, a TN-LCD with LED or CCFL backlight will suck, an IPS-LCD with LED or CCFL will look OK from above and below.

Input lag depends on the specific TV model and ranges from below one frame (under 16ms), better than most PC-monitors, to above 100ms.

TV and Monitor "480 xyz Hz" numbers are the only thing that has been correctly mentioned in this thread, so only the important information has to be added: Refreshrate on Monitors usually states how many pictures can be transmitted and displayed from the PC to the Monitor per second.
On TVs "10247Hz" only means the TV takes the 24/25/30/50 or 60 images it gets as signal and calculates additional images to blend the motion (this calculation usually also induces lag..), TVs usually don't take more than 60Hz as input signal.
 
Last edited:
I learned that much so far. I've been reading up on specifications since last night. Never bother to study about new technology until I want to upgrade my system, about every 3-4 years. I'm a touch compulsive when it comes to learning about new specifications and technology once I decide to upgrade. I was unaware of In-Plane Switching technology until last night. Wikipedia is a good starting point for information. The rest of my posts were just me jesting.

I'm liking Samsung S27B970D but not the $1,000 price tag ugh
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top