Researchers Believe Aliens Could Send Malware and Destroy Humanity

Sure, but doesn't solve what he was talking about. If they're 40-50+ light years out it would take decades for any information on our systems to hit their systems. Even if they could crack it and create a virus instantly it would still take 40-50+ years to come back to our systems. That is assuming they can "only" transmit at the speed of light over dozens of light years with no signal degradation. That is a lead time of 80-100+ years. Computers barely even existed 100 years ago. Imagine where our technology will be 100 years from now.

In the movie Contact, the aliens transmitted an enigma machine hack. I wonder why it didn't work?

They would probably have faster CPUs than us that could brute force threw our security in hours, where it would have taken us lifetimes to do it.

you are missing the point.

That entire lightspeed thingie is kinda hard to overcome. if you think a 500 millisecond ping is bad to work with, try a 500 year ping.....

Actually, the researchers just made all that up, they just want to have a moon base built since there is going to be 4G LTE up there soon, lol.

you are missing the point.

That entire lightspeed thingie is kinda hard to overcome. if you think a 500 millisecond ping is bad to work with, try a 500 year ping.....

Yes, but to also counter my own post, we should be prepared for anything we can think of. There are one of two realities to space travel:

1. Lightspeed is a hard limit, nothing can go faster and there is no way to circumvent it.

or

2. Lightspeed is not a hard limit, something can go faster, or there is a way(s) to circumvent it and we just don't know them yet.

We do not know everything, we do not understand everything, we are trapped at the bottom of a well looking up, trying to figure out what the world looks like though our little hole.

Yes, but to also counter my own post, we should be prepared for anything we can think of. There are one of two realities to space travel:

1. Lightspeed is a hard limit, nothing can go faster and there is no way to circumvent it.

or

2. Lightspeed is not a hard limit, something can go faster, or there is a way(s) to circumvent it and we just don't know them yet.

We do not know everything, we do not understand everything, we are trapped at the bottom of a well looking up, trying to figure out what the world looks like though our little hole.

1. Lightspeed is a hard limit..

We don't need to worry about aliens.

2.Lightspeed is NOT a hard limit. The aliens may warp in at any time.

Hacking our computer systems is about the silliest way imaginable to conquer a primitive race that can't even leave it's own solar system. 3 Megaton range EMP's spaced equally around the planet would do just fine.

Or you drop a big rock in the ocean, problem solved.

The other option is they are already here, AL Gore is a Lizard man and he invented the Internet to control the Cattle through Facebook.

1. Lightspeed is a hard limit..

We don't need to worry about aliens.

2.Lightspeed is NOT a hard limit. The aliens may warp in at any time.

Hacking our computer systems is about the silliest way imaginable to conquer a primitive race that can't even leave it's own solar system. 3 Megaton range EMP's spaced equally around the planet would do just fine.

Or you drop a big rock in the ocean, problem solved.

The other option is they are already here, AL Gore is a Lizard man and he invented the Internet to control the Cattle through Facebook.

I mean, yes I agree that there are other ways to do this, many of them could be easier, but maybe lightspeed is only constrained to physical object, maybe their is a way to get a signal through faster (quantum entanglement) thus making a hack attack the quick way to damage or destroy a civilization before arrival. Hell maybe they use the same signal to just populate the planet with 'themselves'?

The truth is we just don't know, so we best prepare for anything. I'm not advocating spending billions on this, we are much better served expanding ourselves off world, tackling climate engineering here, and sorting out our own shit. It doesn't hurt to have something in place though.

Edit: Al Gore is a lizard, man.

Last edited:
I mean, yes I agree that there are other ways to do this, many of them could be easier, but maybe lightspeed is only constrained to physical object, maybe their is a way to get a signal through faster (quantum entanglement) thus making a hack attack the quick way to damage or destroy a civilization before arrival. Hell maybe they use the same signal to just populate the planet with 'themselves'?

The truth is we just don't know, so we best prepare for anything. I'm not advocating spending billions on this, we are much better served expanding ourselves off world, tackling climate engineering here, and sorting out our own shit. It doesn't hurt to have something in place though.

Edit: Al Gore is a lizard, man.

That's all good in Theory, but how do you prepare for something like this, it's like the Leaders of the Maya going, "hmmm, we better develop a vaccine against Smallpox to prepare for the European's invading someday. Oh. Damn, we need to invent Vaccines first, but we don't have a sample of Smallpox to even do that!." and all the other Maya are going, "what's a uropeeon?"

The things we think we should be preparing against, are likely not what would happen, and the things that will happen, we don't have the technology to prevent if we even knew exactly what these Alien invaders are going to do. All the good Sci-Fi invasion stories have the Invaders being just barely over what we can cope with, but in reality, any species capable of traveling interstellar distances casually enough to worry about invading a planet, when there are literally millions of planets that have any resource they would need in this part of the Galaxy would likely smash us with less effort than we would a wasp.

So did Issac Asimov.

TheGodsThemselves%281stEd%29.jpg

These are truly old ideas. Humans seeing something alien, and trust them to be looking out for our best interests.

Yes, they could be nefarious. No, there's no easy way to be sure until the sun explodes, or our satellites fry.

Durrrrr, and it'll take over our factories and build war machines and turn us into batteries....

Do reporters not have anything more creative.

If anything they'll blow us out of orbit for all of the pop ups we're beaming out

Back