Requesting Suggestions for GPU Upgrade

Jar

n00b
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Messages
7
Current setup: Q9550 @ 3.4, 4GB DDR2, XFX HD 4890 (stock), BenQ V2400W @ 1920x1200, Win XP 32-bit
Primary uses: gaming, coding, minecraft
Budget for new GPU: $350

The 4890 has served me well for a long time, but after firing up Metro 2033, I have realized that I want to upgrade to newer tech. I will be switching to Windows 7 at the same time (it has been a good run XP.) I am very much a frugal, bang-for-your-buck kind of person, but at the same time I would like to max out games at 1920x1200 for the next year or two. AMD or nVidia--it does not matter to me. My motherboard does not support multiple GPUs, so SLI/CrossFire is not an option.

Thank you for the help.
 
At that price point its 2 options, 570 and 6950. Both would serve you well.
 
No, the Windows 7 upgrade isn't part of the budget. The $350 is completely for the new video card.
 
Back
Top