Heyas all. I decided to build my first SFF and would like your opinions/ideas/comments on the following components:
box: Cooler Master Elite 341
psu: Corsair HX520W
m/b: Asrock A780GM-LE
cpu: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1Ghz Dual-Core Black Edition
ram: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 4Gb PC2-6400 800Mhz CL5
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
-> First of all, i want to try out the wire management ideas seen in the case modding section. The PC will be used to learn the FreeBSD OS and programming C#/XNA.
2) What's your budget and where do you live?
-> I live in Greece so a budget cant be helpful. Looking for pieces that have a good quality/price ratio like the CoolerMaster case.
3) Will you be overclocking?
-> I would like to venture it a bit later but even then i wont go to extremes.
4) What size monitor do you have?
-> Eizo 19".
5) When do you plan on building the PC?
-> Within the next few weeks.
6) What features do you need in a motherboard?
-> I think all support RAID.
7) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
-> Yes, i will be using FreeBSD and Vista x64.
The main issues are that the psu has to be a) modular, as it will help a newbie wire manager like me, and b) as quiet as possible. Next is the motherboard. I am open to any combinations of mobo/cpu/onboard graphics/separate graphics card of a m-ATX identity. Lastly feel free to suggest different cases and/or anything else.
Thanks in advance.
box: Cooler Master Elite 341
psu: Corsair HX520W
m/b: Asrock A780GM-LE
cpu: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1Ghz Dual-Core Black Edition
ram: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 4Gb PC2-6400 800Mhz CL5
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
-> First of all, i want to try out the wire management ideas seen in the case modding section. The PC will be used to learn the FreeBSD OS and programming C#/XNA.
2) What's your budget and where do you live?
-> I live in Greece so a budget cant be helpful. Looking for pieces that have a good quality/price ratio like the CoolerMaster case.
3) Will you be overclocking?
-> I would like to venture it a bit later but even then i wont go to extremes.
4) What size monitor do you have?
-> Eizo 19".
5) When do you plan on building the PC?
-> Within the next few weeks.
6) What features do you need in a motherboard?
-> I think all support RAID.
7) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
-> Yes, i will be using FreeBSD and Vista x64.
The main issues are that the psu has to be a) modular, as it will help a newbie wire manager like me, and b) as quiet as possible. Next is the motherboard. I am open to any combinations of mobo/cpu/onboard graphics/separate graphics card of a m-ATX identity. Lastly feel free to suggest different cases and/or anything else.
Thanks in advance.