• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Request imput on prime95 error OCing

Retsam

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
3,911
Ocing my 3200+ venice on my Epox 9npa+ mobo.

Ocing at 2.5ghz right now. I am at 1.55 volts right now. It was the same error with 1.5 volts. I just did 10x multi with 250 frequency. HTT is 5x still. Memory is relaxed right now at SPD settings. Which is 3-3-3-8 right now at 2.7volts. My memory is Corsair XMS 4400C2PT which is TCCD.

What does this prime95 error refer to? CPU or Memory?

Test 1, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M11922945 using 1024K FFT Length.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4999991484, Expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file
 
memory should be fine, its definetly the htt link multi. lower that to 3x and continue(try to keep final htt speed under 1000). also, i hope you can run the tccd a bit better than cas3. i can run my gskill 4400 at 2.5-3-3-7 up to 280mhz. ....And its also possible that you hit the max OC with that chip.
 
Yeah like I said, I relaxed the memory so I could rule it out of the equation. I can do 2-3-3-6 1t or so at very high speed. :p Im just not right now. Currently at 3-3-3-9 2t to rule anything out related to memory.

And no, I didnt reach the max OC with the chip. Its the motherboard I think. Ive had three E3 good stepping 3200 venices now. All have problems even at 2.5ghz. They are venices that were stable and already oc'd by prior people, so I know its not the chip. Its this F*ing epox 9npa+ mobo thats supposed to be good....... I may have to sell it and go DFI.

Ive already lowerd htt to 3x. Still no go. I havnt crashed yet, but.... if it fails in 1 second in prime, its bound to happen sooner or later. I dont really want to do 1.6volts to get 2.5ghz. Thats retarded. The last chip(before this one) was run by the previous person at 2.5ghz stable at stock volts(1.4). Im pretty much getting the same scenario with this chip, as the past 2 venices. Im almost positive its the motherboard.

Still though. All I want is a damn modest 2.5-2.7ghz. Is that so much to ask. :)
 
Back
Top