• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Request bios Sapphire X1900XTX TOXIC

Did you guys try techpowerup ? Youll have better luck there im sure.
 
Just download an XTX bios and mod if for higher clock speeds using RaBiT. Not hard.
 
sleepeeg3 said:
Just download an XTX bios and mod if for higher clock speeds using RaBiT. Not hard.

Unless a new version of rabit JUST came out it doesn't work...
 
plywood99 said:
Unless a new version of rabit JUST came out it doesn't work...
2.0a seems to support it just fine...:confused:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/283
TechPowerUp.com said:
2.0a:

Fixed voltage changing issues

2.0:

* Major internal tool redisign for future arch support:
- New ATOM script processor
- New hardware abstraction level (HAL)
+ Realtime overclocking now via BIOS scripts
- New intelligent patch manager (PM)
+ Full support for new ATI products: X1300/X1600/X1800/X1900 families
- New additional feature: GPU voltage changing
+ Fan throttle support
+ OverDrive technology support
+ Some bugs fixed
! Secured (signed) BIOSes support

edit - Just tested on my 1900, opens fine, edits fine, but get a warning message about a possibly incorrect RaBiT driver. Haven't had any problems, though.
 
banGerprawN said:
2.0a seems to support it just fine...:confused:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/283


edit - Just tested on my 1900, opens fine, edits fine, but get a warning message about a possibly incorrect RaBiT driver. Haven't had any problems, though.

On my 1900 I can't use overdrives setting in Rabit. Don't want the card overvolted continuosly...
 
plywood99 said:
On my 1900 I can't use overdrives setting in Rabit. Don't want the card overvolted continuosly...
No, the voltage is a little off on mine as well. Overdrive seems to report lower on mine, whereas RaBiT is a lot closer to the actual value (tested with multi). I can't change the memory frequency too much in RaBiT because it doesn't support memory overvolting as yet. :(
 
I should be getting my Toxic card sometime next week - just ordered one from newegg yesterday.

Let me know how I extract the BIOS from it and i will email it to you.
 
Download rabit, there is a way to save your bios. After you do that please email it to me. I will PM you my email Address. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

Cooter
 
Thnx for the bios Cript, runs flawless!

But.., the thing i was hoping for, a wider overclockmargin in the CCC overdrive, doesn't happen. The memoryslider went from 800mhz max to 806 max, just a 6mhz increase:

CCC.jpg



For those who want the bios:

Sapphire X1900XTX Toxic bios: http://members.chello.nl/h.appel1/bios/r580.rom

I'm trying a driver re-install, maybe this helps. [edit] nope, mem slider doesn't go beyond 806mhz. :(
 
My impression of the card: I'm pretty happy so far, it wasn't difficult to install at all. The noise is almost unnoticeable over 3 120mm yate loons on the low setting. I idle at 40-45C, not too sure on loads. After an hour of BF2, CCC says 55C but I'm sure it was higher when I was playing.

The cooler isn't perfect though as ideal placement isn't easy in my case.
1. The slot tab is slightly bigger than a PCIe x8 slot, and it isn't very secure in a x16 one (the slot tab barely fits in because my locking tab interferes with the cooler). It's most secure in a PCI slot.
2. It also exhausts a bit of air through the backside, as well as out the case. So you may want free slots on the top and bottom.
3. You can put it directly under the video card but it's a tight fit and bends the card slightly because the screws on the block interfere with the cooler.
4. The size of the cooler may interfere with other things (SATA ports in my case), it's 8.5 inches long, not including the res cap or the tubing sticking out.

Right now I have it laying on its side inside my case :)
 
What a bummer, so Ati (Sapphire) isn't giving you any OC margin on the mem. :(
I was really expecting to see at least 825mhz (or 850 :) ).

You should complain to Sapphire, send them an angry e-mail :D
 
OK,,, got my card today.

Seems to have the same BIOS you all have downloaded. And yes, my memory is limited to 806 also.

But on a good note, it OC's that high using Overdrive and the temp pnly goes to 70C max after playing Oblivion for 2 hours and the fan is on low. Almost silent.

Nice!
 
Just for an update, I have tried my Stock Powercolor BIOS and the Toxic BIOS with the same clocks and the Toxic BIOS gave me a higher 3DMark06 Score by 18 points. Timings are also different.

Stock:



Toxic:



I think I will be stick with the Toxic as this also give me a couple extra mhz in overdrive.

Cooter
 
Back
Top