• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

REQ: Help Modding 80mm Vantec Tornado for 3 pin control

Joined
May 4, 2003
Messages
13
I just bought a Vantec Tornado TD8038H. Boy is this sucker loud. I definitely need to find a way to control this bad boy. I know I could simply wire it up to my motherboard fan connectors, but I'm afraid it will burn them out pulling .76 Amps through it. My motherboard does provide fan speed control over the motherboard connector. I was thinking of modding the tornado in some way to allow for it to be controlled via the 3 pin connector and powered via the molex connector.

Perhaps something similar to this? Minus the thermisitor

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/control.shtml

I'm not familiar with how the 3 pin connector on my motherboard controls fan speed so I'm unsure of how to electronically approach this. Any and all information and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
 
best option is to get a fan controller and manually control the fan speed.. instead of letting the motherboard do it..
 
Back
Top