Republic of Gamers Convention Summer 2008 Dallas, Texas August 8th to 10th

I'm pretty excited for this after having a less than mediocre time at Quakecon. I showed about 8 people around me the website and got them pumped up for it too.

So how do I get my $50.00 back for my seat reservation, I didn't see anything on the site.:confused:

They will be contacting you to refund you the money, its pretty cool to be a free lan, just will cost to much for me to lug everything down.

What time does the doors open on friday? Got a carfull of people coming in a few hours away and want to be there right when the doors open.

I don't know if this was posted here, but ASUS is confirmed to be selling hardware at a discounted price at ROGcon.

I'm shopping around for an EEEpc right now, so finally seeing one in person + being able to buy one on the spot for a discounted price would be amazing.

Can anyone recap how the event went (in addition to the pics someone linked to above)? TIA.

Overall it went well.

But attendance was WAY down from the last one I saw.

This is primarily due to ASUS/Intel rescheduling the event from the original dates in July.

It was pretty sad how people booed the guy asking the legit question about the market shifting from PC's to consoles.

Other than that, great time.

Overall it went well.

But attendance was WAY down from the last one I saw.

This is primarily due to ASUS/Intel rescheduling the event from the original dates in July.

That's a bummer. :( Is the RoGC always held in Dallas or do they rotate sites? If the former, then I'll try to make it next year. If they rotate it, then bummer, I missed out on a local event (due to a prior planned trip). :(

Do you think the lack of attendance this year will hurt them from having one next year??

Well, I have a few comments about the whole experience...

1) RoGCon was the sh1t. Period.
2) I caught a USB 3.0 Corsair 4gb stick.
3) I got to mess with the Eee Stick and XG Station. Whoa. Changed my thoughts about notebooks.
4) No pro gamers being pandered to.

all it needs is more people, RoGCon was perfect in all other ways (well... pizza and bawls)

It was pretty sad how people booed the guy asking the legit question about the market shifting from PC's to consoles.

Other than that, great time.

Not really, the place was packed full of PC gamers ... "PC". It did not come as a surprise to me. Like Kyle said, people have been talking about PC gaming 'dying' since the original Doom, blah blah blah. I have to say, the one of the highlights of the event for me was the guy getting owned for asking why the GT200 sucked.:p:p

Not really, the place was packed full of PC gamers ... "PC". It did not come as a surprise to me. Like Kyle said, people have been talking about PC gaming 'dying' since the original Doom, blah blah blah. I have to say, the one of the highlights of the event for me was the guy getting owned for asking why the GT200 sucked.:p:p

It was a stupid question. Kyle answered it 100% spot on. It drifts back for and forth like it always does. Digital Distribution is the way it's going to go and it's only a matter time for consoles too.

Back