D
Deleted member 210069
Guest
So I have been Googling around to see what people are getting for their voltages to run 4.5 GHz on a i5/i7.
I am wondering if I should be disappointed with my chip. Many people are saying things like 1.3-1.33v for 4.5. What I am wondering is do most people report their vcore under load, or their idle vcores?
For example, I need 1.35 vcore BIOS with "high" LLC (the Z77 board I have has two more settings above high).
In Windows I am idling around 1.358V and under load I am 1.332V.
So...do I have a bad chip, or am I right in line with others?
Also...I set my voltage to Auto once to see what would happen. At 4.2 GHz under load it went up to ~1.5V! I am hoping since this did not happen for more than a few minutes that there would be no damage to the chip...
I am wondering if I should be disappointed with my chip. Many people are saying things like 1.3-1.33v for 4.5. What I am wondering is do most people report their vcore under load, or their idle vcores?
For example, I need 1.35 vcore BIOS with "high" LLC (the Z77 board I have has two more settings above high).
In Windows I am idling around 1.358V and under load I am 1.332V.
So...do I have a bad chip, or am I right in line with others?
Also...I set my voltage to Auto once to see what would happen. At 4.2 GHz under load it went up to ~1.5V! I am hoping since this did not happen for more than a few minutes that there would be no damage to the chip...