Replacing X-QPack windows with mesh?

Firelord

Limp Gawd
I was thinking of replacing the right hand window with a piece of mesh to aid cooling of the VRMs and more importantly memory but would this cause airflow problems and have a negative effect? I was considering doing all windows but think the dust would be hell!

Any thoughts?

Firelord said:
I was thinking of replacing the right hand window with a piece of mesh to aid cooling of the VRMs and more importantly memory but would this cause airflow problems and have a negative effect? I was considering doing all windows but think the dust would be hell!

Any thoughts?

On my large case (see sig and newegg), dust will build up on it every so often (like 2 weeks till you can notice it), and it actually keeps my comp much cooler than everyone else's temps that I see.

Last night, I had the window open for a sec, and the temps shot down to 20C...but the room was still nice and warm...lalala

I recommend mesh/grating...

Why not just place filters behind the mesh to keep most of the dust out? There are quite a few cheap, easy-to-find materials that work as great filters. I know pantyhose is one of them.

You can do the entire mod with gear from walmart, pick up a mesh garbage can and some nylons...

Should be quite easy...

CRaZYMoFo said:
Why not just place filters behind the mesh to keep most of the dust out? There are quite a few cheap, easy-to-find materials that work as great filters. I know pantyhose is one of them.

Err...it might look fairly ghetto by then friend :D

Mesh isn't much different than a window. I can see the inside of my case fine though it. Putting a big filter over it would be the ultimate ghetto.

Ghetto is a matter of opinion :D
Can look quite professional if done carefully and neatly. Find a decent colour etc.

Or you could just invest in a big pack of canned air. Stick it through the mesh, spray, done.

MikeyB said:
Or you could just invest in a big pack of canned air. Stick it through the mesh, spray, done.

Thats what I do. It only seems to attract dust at the end of every month for me anyways, so it's not a big cleaning deal.

Mesh is fun/good/pwning windows.

Back