replacing the LED in an mx700

tekcajder

Limp Gawd
hey, i finally upgraded my ye olde ball mouse w/ a logitech mx700.

i was wondering if anyone had ever replaced the LED?

Why replace it?
A. The optical sensor (practically every one) is most responsive to the red wavelength, so any other color will not perform as well when tracking on a variety of materials.
B. You can't see the LED in the MX700 when it is being used, unlike other mice which have translucent bodies.

I see no pros to doing it other than "ohh it looks 1337 when I'm with my d00ds to shine it in their 3y3s! LOL ROTFL !!!!1!!!1!!" *sigh* :rolleyes:

-special [k]

if you really want to mess around with something

why not mod the "running out of battery" and "charging" LED, i just got the idea because my mx700 is flashing red rite now :D

but that mod will require some skill cuz the two leds are SMT

Change the leds on the bottom of your mouse white...LOL... THANX
C'YA :-D

i did that on my ms wireless blue and it actually wont work on my desk (wood surface) anymore but works fine anywhere else

white.jpg

Originally posted by boyin
if you really want to mess around with something

why not mod the "running out of battery" and "charging" LED, i just got the idea because my mx700 is flashing red rite now :D

but that mod will require some skill cuz the two leds are SMT

what does SMT mean?

please do not kill your mx700 and just give it to a person who deserves it..

if it's a transculent mouse that which you don't really care for, i say "good job" or "whoa that's awesome!"

but mx700.. you can't even see it!!! THINK !!!!!

Originally posted by tekcajder
what does SMT mean?
Surface Mounted. This means that it is not through-hole and the component is soldered directly to the surface of the PCB's traces.

-special [k]

Originally posted by Tt Ownage
please do not kill your mx700 and just give it to a person who deserves it..

if it's a transculent mouse that which you don't really care for, i say "good job" or "whoa that's awesome!"

but mx700.. you can't even see it!!! THINK !!!!!

hey, don't worry, thats why i posted here first ... i'm just curious what people have done w/ their equipment and its the first time i've had an optical mouse.

i didn't know that the optics responded to red more than any other color, its good to know.

thanks for your reponses.

-tek.

Back