• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacing Sony Viao screen

Silent Assasin

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
1,120
A friend of mine just asked me to replace a screen on an older Sony Viao that his kid cracked. I'm waiting for him to get back to me with the model number, but I'm looking for recommendations on where to buy the screen from. I haven't had to do this in a couple years, but the last time I ordered a 3rd party laptop display, it looked like crap. Are there even any good replacements that won't cost as much as a "new" 2 year old laptop?
 
Maybe just look on eBay for the same model going cheap... one that has hardware issues (but good screen), and swap the panels?
 
Maybe just look on eBay for the same model going cheap... one that has hardware issues (but good screen), and swap the panels?

This is what I was thinking but wanted to see if anyone had some other good ideas. It's kind of hard to figure out exactly what I'm looking for though without knowing his model number yet.
 
Back
Top