replacing Shuttle G5 ICE

crazjayz

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,093
So I was thinking of switching out the standard ICE cooling solution in a Shuttle SN21G5 with something like an Zalman CNPS9500 or an Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. Is this even possible for better cooling? I was thinking these heatsinks due to the fact that they push air front-to-back and not bottom-to-top.
 
looking at the installation on the zalman website, I have a feeling the zalman won't work since Shuttle uses a proprietary method of screw placement on their socket 939 (SN21G5) board. :(

EDIT: After checking both websites, I don't think either will fit. One, due to the size, (the Zalman MAY fit, it's a bit smaller), but two, due to the screw placement on the Shuttle. Guess the only thing left now is to replace the ICE fan and add a 120 using a duct in the rear and see how much room I have for a blowhole fan behind the DVD drive.
 
Back
Top