Replacing Screen on 15'' MBP (Help!)

topslop1

2[H]4U
I have a circa Mid 2010 Apple Macbook Pro 15''. It is model number A1286. SN is W8033HTHAGU

I'm looking at ordering a replacement screen for it. It was dropped and the screen displays a whole array of colors and a thick black line through it. I'm trying to figure out what is the correct screen to order for it. I'm not sure if its the low resolution or high resolution screen that should be ordered for it. Any help would be appreciated. If you know of a place to order the replacement screen that charges a fair amount that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

a fairly safe bet is to order from ifixit.com or OWC which are very reputable vendors.

Otherwise find the part and Ebay it. do you know if its not the GPU thats shattered and just the screen thats posing the problem?

a fairly safe bet is to order from ifixit.com or OWC which are very reputable vendors.

Otherwise find the part and Ebay it. do you know if its not the GPU thats shattered and just the screen thats posing the problem?

Best way to test this would be to video it out to a larger screen I assume? I already went ahead and ordered the screen, the case looks like its in good shape / no dents or anything, but I could be wrong of course.

Best way to test this would be to video it out to a larger screen I assume? I already went ahead and ordered the screen, the case looks like its in good shape / no dents or anything, but I could be wrong of course.
yes, that would work as a test. or take it in to apple store.

It's out of warranty womp womp.
my reply was in response to you asking whether you should hook it up to an external monitor to test the GPU
even though it's out of warranty Apple will still test it for free and tell you what it would take to repair it

Back