• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Replacing power supply for HPE-519C computer

rocks911

n00b
Joined
Oct 31, 2011
Messages
20
I own a HPE-519C PC: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02896278&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5155964
and want to change the power supply to something more robust. I have never done this and not even sure the questions to ask, but here goes...is this pretty straightforward, I mean just unplug, swap and plug or is there more to it?

Can I just use the wiring that I have now? Doesnt a new wire set come with a new power supply?

Sorry about the basic newb stuff, but I've gotta start somewhere.
By the way, I use this mostly as a server and have 4 internal HDD's connected, so it generates some heat and I also will be adding a better case fan so I want to be sure that its sufficiently powered and the 300 watt supply it came with seems kinda weak.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
So I'm left wondering if there is maybe another forum where newbs can get questions answered?

I posted at Toms hardware also and nobody responded there either. Clearly there are lots of people who view and post here that have a comprehensive knowledge of PC components but for whatever reason dont respond to a fairly simple question.

Seriously, is there a place that newbs can get help, I mean the posters that daily show off their deep knowledge of customizing PC's must have learned somewhere, right?

Where would be a good place for newb questions?
 
it has a standard connector(some hp's dont)

Just buy swap and replug in.
 
Back
Top