• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Replacing my PC P&C 610w

ShadeZeRO

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
396
The time has come where my build has maxed out my PSU.
I needed to add a 2nd GFX card to my rig (As i'm doing quad monitors)

an overclocked CPU, 6 hard drives, 9 fans, and every PCI slot taken up seems to be a bit too much for this little PSU.

Taking recommendations for an 800w+ PSU. Modular (optional). I need good cable management.

Would like to stick to major brands:
PC Power & Cooling
Corsair
etc
 
I'm just adding a simple evga Nvidia 6200 (PCI). I need it for my new displays.

Budget - $200.
I never skimp out on PSU's, I DEMAND stability/safety for my components
which is why i always by PC Power & Cooling PSU's
 
You don't need to change your PSU to add that card. It will use very little power.
 
Try adding the card, disconnecting some of your drives and fans, and then see if you still have instability. If not, you might need a more powerful PSU, but if you do still have problems, the cause is something else.
 
How about the CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX

im sorta running something similar to you

6 x 120 mm fans
1 x 80 mm fan
3 burners
6 hds (2 x 500g, 4 x 1000g)
Q6600 2.4 @ 3.8 v1.425
4850X2 + 4850 1 gig
8 gig gskill 8500
striker 7.1
raid card (chepo soft raid)
watercool system etc

PSU stable as a rock ;)
 
It could be a problem with the motherboard or drivers instead of the PSU. That's an unusual setup.
 
Back
Top