• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Replacing my Creative P7800 7.1's

Bathazar

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
42
Judging from specs this is indeed an upgrade. Apart from specs g500 seem to be much better designed, e.g. you can alter volume of each speaker independently on the control pod of this set. You can also connect these speakers to any ipod (i.e. thru headphone stereo jack) and have speakers upmix stereo to 5.1 surround sound.
Your other option are Logitechs z5500 - but with good quality DACs on your X-Fi you do not need their digital inputs you would have to pay for anyway.
 
I just got the G500's at CC last week. Great system. Go to CC and buy them. They're only $169.99 in the store :eek: Even with tax that's less than what you pay online. Also I got a $50 MIR. So it's only $119.99 after the rebate.

For $119.99, the Klipche and Logitechs don't have anything on this system!

Good luck.
 
Thanks guys, I think I'll go ahead and get them.

The main reason I really need to get Creative speakers is because I already have the Creative speaker stands that I have been using for my P7800's rear speakers.
 
maverick777 said:
I just got the G500's at CC last week. Great system. Go to CC and buy them. They're only $169.99 in the store :eek: Even with tax that's less than what you pay online. Also I got a $50 MIR. So it's only $119.99 after the rebate.

For $119.99, the Klipche and Logitechs don't have anything on this system!

Good luck.

When you say CC, you are talking about Circuit City right? Well I went there and they were out of stock of the G500's. However, the sales guy told me that they go for $250.00.

They also told me that they werent going to get any more in stock because they are going to get the "new model".
 
Back
Top